NOTIFICATION OF JOB
Triangle Cooperative Preschool, Inc.
1432 Washtenaw Avenue
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
One of the following:
- a) Bachelor’s degree or higher in early childhood education or child development.
- b) Bachelor’s degree or higher in a child-related field with 18 semester hours in early childhood education or child development and 480 hours of experience.
(A child-related field means elementary education, child guidance/counseling, child psychology, family studies, and social work)
- c) Associate’s degree in early childhood education or child development with 18 semester hours in early childhood education or child development & 480 hours of experience.
- Develop and effectively teach preschool program.
- Maintain classroom (cleanliness, supply levels, themes), in cooperation with assisting families.
- Chair Curriculum Committee and set up ongoing schedule of activities.
- Along with parents, coordinate field trips and classroom guests.
- Evaluate program and communicate children’s progress with parents on a regular basis.
- Be available as a mentor to parents and families throughout the year in person and via newsletter.
- Schedule and lead formal conferences with parents as needed, minimum of 2x/year.
- Serve on the Triangle Board, attend Triangle meetings, continuing professional development meetings/workshops or others as deemed appropriate by Board.
- Encouraged to attend most of the weekly park playdates throughout the summer, to help everyone transition into the school year.
PERIOD OF APPOINTMENT: The term of employment shall commence on June 1, 2017 and shall terminate on May 31, 2018. School year begins September 7, 2018 (class begins September 17, 2018), with 30 day probationary period. Paid orientation/shadowing period in May.
HOURS OF EMPLOYMENT: 8:30 am – 12:15 pm, Mondays and Wednesdays, plus additional required meetings throughout year and summer park playdates.
OTHER BENEFITS: Negotiated holidays, including public school holidays, as well as paid personal/sick days. HVCCN and MCCN membership dues, fees and housing for MCCN conference. Compensation for unused personal/sick days.
POSTING OPEN UNTIL FILLED. PREFERENCE TO APPLICATIONS RECEIVED BY DECEMBER 18, 2017.
INQUIRIES AND REQUESTS FOR APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO:
Triangle Cooperative Preschool is a non-profit, non-sectarian, non-discriminatory program.